How to Make Gluten Free and Vegan Pumpkin Cake Balls
When you are trying to eat healthy, Halloween can be a difficult time. If you have trouble finding tasty treats to enjoy for Halloween, that fit within your dietary needs, then these are for you!
1/2 cup pumpkin
1/2 cup almond butter
1 1/2 cup of chocolate corn puffs
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp maple syrup
1 tsp honey
pinch of Himalayan sea salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1 1/2 tbs coconut oil
- Mix almond butter, pumpkin, chocolate corn puffs, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, maple syrup, honey, and Himalayan sea salt in a bowl.
- Let the mixture chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. This will make it easier to roll the cake balls.
- Roll mixture into balls and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Let harden in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Add chocolate chips and coconut oil to a bowl and microwave until it becomes liquid (start at 30 seconds, stir and keep going until liquid).
- Dip the cake balls in chocolate sauce and top with sprinkles.
- Let cool in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes, or until the chocolate has hardened.
More About the Ingredients:
Chocolate Chips: My chocolate chips of choice are the Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate mini chips. To see my review click here.
Almond Butter: My almond butter of choice is the Justin’s Vanilla Almond Butter. For this specific recipe, I used the Justin’s Original Almond Butter and just added some vanilla extract. To see my review click here.
Coconut Oil: I like the extra virgin, cold pressed variety. Here’s a link to my favorite brand.
Honey: I like local honey because some experts believe it offers health benefits. Do some research for yourself and see if you agree.
Corn Puffs Cereal: The cereal I used for this recipe are the Nature’s Path Choco Chimps.
Maple Syrup: I use pure maple syrup, in order to avoid unwanted chemical additives.
Himalayan Sea Salt: Learn more about the benefits of Himalayan Sea Salt from Dr. Axe.
Vanilla Extract: I use pure vanilla extract, as opposed to some of the cheaper options labeled “vanilla flavor” for a more pure taste and ingredients.