Nature’s Antibiotic! Strong claim. But, I’ve found it to be spot on. At the first sign of a cold, I start the garlic treatment. Garlic contains several compounds that possess antibacterial, anti-fungal and antiviral properties, earning its ‘nature’s antibiotic’ nickname.
Garlic Bread on Steroids!
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed and set out for 10 minutes (releases allicin, which is nature’s antibiotic)
- 1 piece of toast (ideally something hearty like sourdough or Italian – feel free to use gluten-free bread)
- Butter to taste
- 1 slice of provolone cheese
- After crushing garlic, let sit for 10 minutes
- Toast and butter bread
- Spread raw garlic evenly on toast and top with cheese
- Put under the broiler until melted
And there you have it! You’ll smell badly, but likely feel better.
- Add some ham or turkey for an open faced sandwich
- Use fresh mozzarella, tomato and basil to make a caprese cold-buster