How to Make Chocolate Almond Butter Crunch Balls
These Chocolate Almond Butter Crunch Balls are next-level amazing! They taste like something you would splurge on at a chocolate shop. BONUS: They are dairy and gluten free!
3/4 cup of chocolate chips
1 cup of vanilla almond butter
2 1/2 tablespoons of coconut oil
1 1/2 tablespoons of honey
1 cup crushed corn puffs cereal (preferably chocolate)
toasted coconut for topping
- Mix almond butter, cereal, honey and 1 1/2 tbs of the coconut oil in a bowl.
- Let the mixture chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. This will make it easier to roll the almond balls.
- Roll mixture into balls and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Let harden in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Add chocolate chips and 1 tbs of coconut oil and microwave until it becomes liquid (start at 30 seconds, stir and keep going until liquid).
- Dip almond balls in chocolate sauce and top with toasted coconut.
- Let cool in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes, or until the chocolate has hardened.
More About the Ingredients:
Chocolate Chips: My chocolate chips of choice are the Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate mini chips. To see my review click here.
Almond Butter: My almond butter of choice is the Justin’s Vanilla Almond Butter. To see my review click here.
Coconut Oil: I like the extra virgin, cold pressed variety. Here’s a link to my favorite brand.
Honey: I like local honey because some experts believe it offers health benefits. Do some research for yourself and see if you agree.
Corn Puffs Cereal: The cereal I use for the crunch in these Chocolate Almond Butter Crunch Balls is the Nature’s Path Choco Chimps.
Toasted Coconut: I topped the Chocolate Almond Butter Crunch Balls with shredded coconut that I toasted. If you don’t like shredded coconut you can leave the Chocolate Almond Butter Crunch Balls plain.